Blackberry and Raspberry Fruit Soup
Happy Thursday, Soupers! How do you feel about blackberries? Love ’em, hate ’em or “meh”? So we’ve been enjoying our “fruit soups” so much this summer. But, I have something to confess: until this week, I had never eaten a blackerry! What was wrong with me, seriously? How could I have let these little beauties escape my taste buds? The honest truth is there had never been any reason for me to try — until now.
Sticking to the commitment made to the teen girl, I tried the blackberries BECAUSE I had never eaten them before. And the surprise was so pleasant, and I don’t think I will let another blackberry season past without adding them to my salads, soups, smoothies or any other meal that could use a sweet and tart kick.
So go on, pop these little beauties into your “fruit soup” or breakfast smoothie and let them help you kick start your day!
- 1 quart of fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed raspberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup, 2 % milk (soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine)
- 1/2 cup, sour cream
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Breakfast
- Serves 4
- Bring all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a plastic bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add a final dollop of sour cream before serving.