Vegetarian Yellow Lentil, White Bean and Kale Soup
Happy Saturday, Soupers! Is there ever a bad time for vegetarian bean soup` We think not! On today’s menu is a delish vegetarian, yellow lentil, white Bean and kale soup! We topped it off with some yummy olive oil and kohlrabi micro greens!
And, you know what tastes great with it? A lil garlic cheese toast. We seriously had to dunk it in! This is how Saturday lunch ought to be…souper simple.
3 quartz vegetable stock
1/2 cup yellow lentils
1 bunch chopped kale
1 cans Cannellini beans
1 leek, chopped
1 shallot (raw), chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/8 teaspoon hot paprika
1 teaspoon garam marsala
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 lemon slices
1 squeeze lemon
Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Prep 20min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring stock to a boil for broth
- Heat 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil in large soup pot over medium-low heat. Sauté onions, shallots, garlic, and sweat until translucent and soft.
- Add sweated vegetables and kale to boiling broth. Add yellow lentils to boiling vegetable stock. Add Cannellini beans.
- Season with herbs and spices and add balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Add lemon slices.
- Bring soup to a low simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes. Remove lemon rinds.
- Use a hand blender to smooth out the soup.
- Crack and beat the eggs. Take 2 tablespoons of soup and gently add to the eggs and stir. Then gradually stir in the eggs into the soup to thicken.
- Add one final squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
- Drizzle to olive oil and top with microgreens.
Want to comment?Sign in or Register