Creamy Rocket and Potato Soup*
Rocket soup, anyone? We added some rocket or « arugula » to our potato soup and it was out of sight! What we loved most is that it’s a pretty quick meal to make and that’s well…souper!
This recipe adapted courtesy of the Sainsbury foods website. So go ahead and try it for yourself and let us know what you think!
*Recipe adapted from the Sainsbury Foods website
- 5 small potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 bunches of rockets or arugula
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 shallot (raw), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon spicy paprika
- 5 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup, 2 % milk (soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon, crème fraîche or fresh cream
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring chicken stock to a boil. Add balsamic vinegar, and bay leaves to the stock. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Chop potatoes, onions, leeks, garlic, and shallots and saute with olive oil over high heat for roughly 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture and rocket to the boiling stock and continue cooking on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Near the end of cook time (ten minutes), remove the bay leaves.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat and cool for roughly 5 minutes before transferring to a blender.
- Add milk and cream to the mixture in the blender. Blend to desired consistency.
- Re-add the soup to the kettle and add a splash of lemon juice. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish off with the final sprig of parsley and serve in a bowl.