Creamy Vegan Quinoa, Chard and Chickpea Soup
Happy Saturday, Soupers! Hope you’re staying hydrated and well rested! Need a vegan option for lunch, try this creamy chickpea, quinoa and chard with ginger, turmeric and coconut milk! Filled with all the good stuff to boost your immunity, too!
Like many people around the globe, we will be working from home a lot over the next few weeks. This soup makes a really nice starter for dinner, or even lunch. It works during week and especially over the weekend like today! If you like a little heat, just add a bit of spicy paprika or cayenne pepper for an extra kick! Go ahead and give it a try!
Measurement Conversion Chart
1 tbsp olive oil
1 stalk of celery chopped
2 medium carrot (raw) chopped
1 cup quinoa
2 medium potatoes
1 cup chard (just the green leaves) chopped
1 can chickpea (with the liquid)
1 shallot chopped
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 clove of garlic
Pinch salt, pepper and paprika
1 bay leaf
2 qt low sodium veggie stock
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbs coconut butter
1 squeezed lemon
1 cup coconut milk
- Prep 25min
- Meal Time Dinner
- Serves 4
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, chard, leeks, carrots, potatoes and 1/2 tsp salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ginger and turmeric.
- Stir in the quinoa, bay leaf into vegetable stock and cook for roughly ten mins.
- Add in vegetables to vegetable stock, quinoa and chickpeas. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes (uncovered), or until both the quinoa and chickpeas are cooked. Remove the bay leaf.
- Add mixture to a blender. Add in coconut butter and milk and blend until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pot.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon and serve.
Want to comment?Sign in or Register