Chilled Cherry Soup
Cherry Soup anyone? Totally seduced by this beautiful pink color, we just had to try this soup. Given the impending heat, a chilled soup like this one definitely does not disappoint! Can you guess the secret ingredient? Keep reading to find out! So we researched a lot of different recipes before deciding to try a no-recipe recipe. We’re so happy that we did because it’s the perfect appetizer or dessert on a hot, summer night.
- 1 quart of fresh cherries (remove the pit)
- 2 fennel bulbs (chopped)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup, buttermilk (2 % milk or soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine) mixed with lemon juice
- 1/2 cup, sour cream
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon (grenadine syrup optional)
- Mint garnish
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 2
- Saute chopped fennel bulbs in rapeseed or sunflower oil.
- Bring all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a metal bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add a final dollop of sour cream before serving.