Chilled Avocado, Melon, Lemon and Mint Soup
Happy Sunday, Soupers! The heatwave finally has come to an end here in Switzerland. We’re enjoying the light rain and cooler weather with this Chilled Avocado, Melon and Lemon Soup!
Seriously, I LOVE avocados! But when it comes to melon — any kind (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc.), not so much…until now. For the first time last week, I took a chance and purchased my first melon. I followed directions on YouTube on how to ripen it and even watched a cool video on how to cut it properly. Guess what? The melon turned out perfect and once I had it slices, I couldn’t resist eating some … and it was terrific.
I almost added a little apple — next time I will! So, why not add it to a chilled soup and I’m so happy that I did! Indulge away on this perfect lunchtime treat or even after-dinner dessert.
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5 squeezed lemons
- 1/3 7-Up
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 basil leaf
- 1 mint leaf
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a metal bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.