Chilled Berry Soup*
In the famous words of Martha and Vandellas, “it’s a heatwave!” We were looking for something really quick and simple soup to beat the heat, and we found it with this souper quick fruit soup recipe! This recipe, adapted courtesy of the Taste of Home blog site, was awesome. Seriously, this is one of the fastest soups you’ll ever make. It’s more of a dessert, but go ahead and indulge anyway during the lunchtime hour.
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, cherries)
- 1/3 cup ginger ale or 7-Up
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup, 2 % milk (soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine)
- 1/2 cup, sour cream
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a metal bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add a final dollop of sour cream before serving.