Chilled Watermelon and Apricot Soup
Happy Saturday, Soupers! It’s still HOT and stormy but we’re chillin’ with this watermelon and apricot chilled soup. Who says soup has to be the first course for lunch, huh? Well, disagree. Seriously, once again, this is one of the fastest soups you’ll ever make. It’s more of a dessert, but go ahead and indulge anyway during the lunchtime hour.
- 1/8 quart of fresh strawberries, hulled
- 8 small apricots (core the pits)
- 1/2 small watermelon (meat and heart)
- 1/3 cup ginger ale or 7-Up
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup, 2 % milk (soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine)
- 1/2 cup, sour cream
- 1 basil leaf
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 tablespoon (grenadine syrup optional)
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a metal bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add a final dollop of sour cream before serving.
- Use mint and strawberries as garnish.
Want to comment?Sign in or Register