Chicken, Chard, Quinoa and Chanterelle Soup
Happy Sunday, Soupers! The teen girl is away on a class trip to Poland, and we miss her mischief already. 😭 o we’re making one of her favs: chicken, chard and quinoa soup — with one addition: chanterelles! They are AMAZING! The flat bread never hurts either! Enjoy your day and remember, it’s #soupsunday!
- 1/2 cup of chanterelle mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 quinoa
- 1 bunch chard, chopped
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 shallot (raw), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 5 cup(s) chicken stock with 1 chicken bouillon cube (vegetable stock)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Prep 30min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring chicken stock to a boil with bouillon. Add balsamic vinegar, and bay leaves to the stock.
- Add quinoa, salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Near the end of cook time (ten minutes), remove the bay leaves.
- In a pan with oil, heat onions, garlic, leek, mushrooms and shallots. Sweat for 5 minutes and add to stock.
- Add chanterelle on stock and continue cook for ten more minutes.
- Add a squeeze or lemon and serve.
Want to comment?Sign in or Register