Vegan Split Pea Soup
Happy Tuesday, Soupers! As temperatures began to drop, it’s nice to snuggle up to a warm and delicious bowl of goodness! We found everything that we needed in this vegan Split Pea Soup! You think that you couldn’t enjoy this soup without ham or chicken, but it’s not true. The goodness comes in the coconut milk so get acquainted with this delish little soup!
1 cup of split peas
1 medium potato peeled
1 red onion
1 shallot (raw), chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
5 cup(s) vegetable stock
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Pinch salt and pepper to taste
1 cup, coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1 squeeze lemon
1 sprig thyme
1 pinch saffron
1 spring mint
1 sprig parsley
- Prep 0min
- Meal Time Vegan
- Serves 4
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil. Add balsamic vinegar, and bay leaves to the stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Chop leeks, onion, garlic, shallots, and potatoes.
- Heat butter in a pan, and add garlic, leeks, shallots, potatoes, and onion. Cook for about 2 minutes
- Add vegetable mixture from the pan to the boiling stock, then add split peas and continue cooking on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add sprig of thyme and mint.
- Remove the bay leaves from the soup.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat and cool for roughly 5 minutes before transferring to a blender.
- Add milk and butter to the mixture in the blender. Blend to desired consistency.
- Re-add the soup to the kettle and add a splash of lemon juice. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish off with the final sprig of parsley (optional) and serve in a bowl.
Want to comment?Sign in or Register