Vegetarian Cauliflower, Green Pea, Carrots and Mint Soup
Happy Sunday, Soupers! Our last Sunday post in 2019! Prepping for the eve we’re cleaning out the fridge! Today’s soup is an easy vegetarian cauliflower, green pea, carrots and mint soup. So good and so easy for lunch!
- 1 cup cauliflower frozen
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 cup green peas frozen
- 2 medium potatoes peeled
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 shallot (raw), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 5 cup(s) vegetable stock with vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup, coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 spring mint
- Prep 30min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
Bring vegetable stock to a boil. Add balsamic vinegar, and bay leaves to the stock. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Chop leeks, onion, garlic, shallots, and potatoes.
Heat butter in a pan, and add garlic, leeks, shallots, potatoes, and onion. Cook for about 2 minutes
- Add cauliflower, vegetable mixture from the pan to the boiling vegetable stock, then add green peas, carrots and continue cooking on low heat for 30 minutes.
Add a sprig of thyme and mint.
Remove the bay leaves, thyme and mint from the soup.
Remove the soup mixture from heat and cool for roughly 5 minutes before transferring to a blender.
Add coconut milk and butter to the mixture in the blender. Blend to desired consistency.
Re-add the soup to the kettle and add a splash of lemon juice. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Finish off with the final sprig of parsley (optional) and serve in a bowl.