Creamy Roasted Pomodoro Tomato and Avocado Soup
Sometimes, all you need is a quick soup! We found a winner in this grilled Pomodoro Tomato, Jalapeño, Avocado, and Basil soup! If you have little ones, remove the pepper. Pair this with a classic grilled cheese sandwich and what have you got? Magic!
- 6 small Pomodoro tomatoes roasted
- 1 ripe avocado pitted
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 shallot (raw), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Chopped chives
- Spring of parsley chopped
- Spring of thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon spicy paprika
- 5 cup(s) chicken stock with 1 chicken bouillon cube (vegetable stock)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup, 2 % milk (soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon, crème fraîche or fresh cream
- Springs of basil
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Prep 25min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 2
Pomodoro tomatoes and Jalapeño peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place peppers and tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and salt.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Add onions and sweat until translucent and soft.
- Pour in 1-2 cups chicken stock. Add diced tomatoes, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, roasted peppers, and tomatoes. Add just enough stock to cover the surface of the contents of the soup (you can always add more stock later to thin down, if necessary!)
Season with salt & pepper.
- Bring soup to a low simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or stand blender and add butter, cream, and milk, blend soup until smooth—you may need to do this in two batches depending on your size blender. Place soup back in the pot and reheat to serve. Season and add a final splash of lemon.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.