Lentil and Ham Soup
Happy Tuesday, Soupers! It’s been a wet day here in Lausanne. After a really long day of studying, nothing hit the spot better than this leftover lentil and ham soup! Goodness, it was satisfying and it’s “souper” quick and easy to make. Once you add all of your ingredients, just cook on low and you’ll get the most amazing flavors!
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Heat 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil in large soup pot over medium-low heat. Saute onions, shallots, garlic, and sweat until translucent and soft.
- Add sweated vegetables, yellow lentils, thyme, paprika, sausage and cooked rice to boiling vegetable stock .
- Season with herbs and spices and add balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Add ham slices. Add lemon slices.
- Bring soup to a low simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes. Remove bay leaves near the end. Remove lemon rinds.
- Add one final squeeze of lemon juice and serve.