Endive and White Bean Soup
Happy Mother’s Day, Soupers! This bright and sunny day calls for a delicious spring chicken soup! Add in endive and white beans, and you’ve got a magical meal to serve at any time. The best part of this soup is that you easily make is vegetarian too! Just swap out the broth for a vegetarian one, and leave out the chicken and you’ve still got an amazing soup that’s good for you! Give a try and let us know what you think!
3 quarts of chicken (or vegetable) stock
2 quarter chicken parts (leg and thigh)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1 green onion
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
½ leek, cleaned and chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp chopped thyme
1/2 tsp strong paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 head of endive, chopped
2 cans of cannellini beans, don’t drain
½ cup of parmesan cheese
1 bunch onion micro greens
2 bay leaves
Squeeze of lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Prep 20min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring chicken and stock to a boil with chicken or vegetable bouillon.
- In olive oil, lightly sautée onions, shallots, leeks, and celery for 10 minutes or until soft. Then add to stock.
- Add thyme, lemon juice, paprika, turmeric to the stock. Add bay leaves to the stock and cook on low heat.
- Once the broth is ready, remove the bay leaves.
- Remove the chicken and remove the bones. Add it back to stock along with cans for cannellini beans.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add a generous squeeze of lemon juice, stir
- Stir in the microgreens and parmesan cheese, stir. Simmer for roughly 10 minutes and serve.