Creamy Courgette Soup*
Happy Saturday, Soupers! Long, rainy days calls for a delicious soup. And, sometimes you need a little inspiration from online friends. So for this delicious option, we took a visit to the French site: La Cerise sur le Maillot for ideas in order to try Stephanie Jouan’s awesome soup! Do check out and try the original recipe on her site.
Now, her recipe is meant to be a gazpacho and served chilled! However, we adapted it a bit and served warm or cold, this creamy bowl of awesomeness will not disappoint. What we loved about the soup were the flavor and creaminess. As my new adult son correctly stated, “the ricotta cheese” makes all the difference,” and it does! And, for this recipe, we pulled out the Betty Bossy soup maker. So go ahead and try it for yourself and let us know what you think!
- 2 medium courgettes/zucchini
- 1 small potato
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 small leek
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons, ricotta cheese
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Add apple cider vinegar, and bay leaves to the stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Then remove the bay leaves.
- Chop potatoes onions, leeks, garlic, and saute with olive oil over high heat for roughly 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture and boiling stock to soup maker continue cooking on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add butter and ricotta cheese and cream to the mixture.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Add a splash of lemon juice.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.