Creamy Broccoli and Potato Soup
Happy Sunday, Soupers! Some say that the “soup season” is almost over but we strongly disagree. You can eat soup year-round and with Cream of Broccoli soup, you can’t ever go wrong.
We’re bringing out the soup maker for this dish too, but you can easily cook on your stovetop and transfer to a blender, too! So try to so “no” to this bowl of delicious goodness … we dare you!
- 5 small potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 heads of broccoli chopped (frozen is also okay)
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 shallot (raw), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon spicy paprika
- 5 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup, 2 % milk (soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon, crème fraîche or fresh cream
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring chicken stock to a boil. Add balsamic vinegar, and bay leaves to the stock. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 20 minutes. Then remove the bay leaves.
- Chop potatoes, onions, leeks, garlic, broccoli and shallots and saute with olive oil over high heat for roughly 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture and boiling stock to soup maker continue cooking on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add milk, butter, and cream to the mixture. Blend to desired consistency.
- Add a splash of lemon juice. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish off with the final sprig of parsley and serve in a bowl.