Chilled Melon and Strawberry Soup
Happy Saturday, Soupers! Guess what’s back? Fruit soups because the weather is amazing this spring day! So we’re chillin’ with this melon and strawberry chilled soup. It’s a perfect soup for any time of the day — breakfast, lunch or even a snack. Seriously, once again, this is one of the fastest soups you’ll ever make. Just put all the ingredients together and plop it in your blender and you’re done. It’s more of a dessert, but go ahead and indulge anyway during the lunchtime hour.
- 1/8 quart of fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 1/3 cup ginger ale or 7-Up
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (fresh is best)
- 1/8 teaspoon garam marsala
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup, 2 % milk (soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine)
- 1/2 cup, plain yougurt
- 1/2 cup, sour cream
- 1 basil leaf
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 tablespoon (grenadine syrup optional)
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
- Bring all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a metal bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add a final dollop of sour cream before serving.
- Use mint and strawberries as garnish.