Chilled Beetroot and Cucumber Soup
Looking for chilled summer soup that isn’t gazpacho? Well, we’ve got you covered with this chilled Beet and Cucumber Soup! Even if you swear you don’t care for borscht, this quick and easy cold soup will change your mind. And you don’t even need a spoon –unless you just want to be polite. Just blend all the ingredient together and chill. Serve it in a summertime mason jar or your favorite mug and enjoy. Any sandwich goes well with this lunchtime treat. For us, it was a veggie avocado cabbage wrap – nothing but happiness!
- 2 medium beets, boiled, peeled, and cut into cubes (or you can buy ready-made beets)
- 2 medium cucumber, diced with seeds removed
- 1 shallot peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 liter vegetable stock (or chicken prepackaged or homemade)
- 2 cups of plain or Greek yogurt
- 2 generous squeezes of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinches of salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped fresh dill and sour cream (optional)
- Prep 60min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 3
- Prepare stock and cool
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth
- Pour soup into a glass container.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish and serve