Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash, Pear and Sweet Potato Soup
Hey, Soupers! So earlier in the week, we talked about the times when veggies can be a little ‘unpalatable’. However, there is one point for which most of us can agree: Butternut squash is not yucky. It can NEVER be yucky, in fact! So, what could be better than pairing it with pear and sweet potato and coconut milk? Absolutely nothing. This soup is so creamy and comforting that your family will love it for lunch. When you drizzle on a little pumpkin oil and top the soup off with microgreens and you have a real winner.
3 quarts vegetable broth
2 pears, peeled and chopped
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped and roasted
1 butternut squash (scoop out the seed) and roasted
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon vomFASS pumpkin oil
Kosher salt to taste
1 cup, coconut milk
1 cup of oats (optional to thicken consistency)
1 squeeze lemon Red Mizuma microgreens for garnish
- Prep 20min
- Meal Time Lunch
- Serves 4
Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place all ingredients on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle pumpkin oil. Sprinkle on salt.
- Roast all ingredients for 25-35 minutes, until they can be easily pierced with a fork. Scoop up contents and place in a separate dish.
- Heat broth and season with ginger, salt pepper.
- Add roasted squash and sweet potato. Add chopped pears to the broth.
- Bring soup to a low simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or stand blender and add coconut milk, oats and blend soup until smooth—you may need to do this in two batches depending on your size blender. Place soup back in pot and reheat to serve. Season and add a final splash of lemon.
- Garnish with microgreens, oil and seeds.