Blueberry and Microgreens Soup!
Happy Thursday, Soupers! Who says you can’t have blueberry soup for breakfast? Yes, you can, ‘cause my grandma Carrie said so!
Long before we had smoothies my grandma would make this recipe for us because she wanted to make sure her finicky-eating grandchildren were eating less sugary cereals and healthier alternatives. My big brother was the worst, so she would make this soup and just swap out the seasonal fruit.
So if you’re looking for a quick option, give this one a try! Oh, and if you want a darker hue, boil the berries slightly longer.
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red mizuma microgreens
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup, 2 % milk (soy, almond, rice or skim as alternatives work fine)
- 1/2 cup, plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup, sour cream
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 mint leaf
- Prep 10min
- Meal Time Breakfast
- Serves 4
- Bring blueberries to a boil with sugar for 20 minutes, then remove mixture from heat and cool.
- Bring all remaining ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a metal bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add a final dollop of sour cream before serving.
- Use mint and any remaining blueberries as a garnish.
Want to comment?Sign in or Register